Focusing With Gratitude Journaling will guide you to what really matters
“When we focus on our gratitude, the tide of disappointment goes out and the tide of love rushes in.” Kristin Armstrong
What’s the ONE THING you can be grateful for besides the most obvious that your family is safe and healthy which is a HUGE BLESSING right now. Gratitude journaling should be done daily and you should be able to write a least one thing you are grateful for each day.
Focusing on gratitude is a life lesson that will get you through tough times if you use it. In life, you will feel other emotions but always circle back to gratitude as your anchor.
Also, we are VERY GRATEFUL to our front liners, DOCTORS, NURSES, FIRST RESPONDERS, MENTAL HEALTH PROFESSIONALS, GROCERY CLERKS, DELIVERY WORKERS, FOOD BANKS, VOLUNTEERS, PEOPLE who keep our lights on, our phones working, our streets clean, our animals healthy, etc.
Focus on something that you can be grateful for during this time of crisis that is specific to you, this will help you maintain your inner strength and power during a time when most of us feel powerless.
MENTAL HEALTH IS VERY IMPORTANT RIGHT NOW BECAUSE OF ALL STRESS OF UNCERTAINTY THAT IS PLAGUING THE WORLD.
Therefore, it requires your attention because being at home can cause a lot of stress depending on your circumstances. Things like lack of resources, a lack of food, managing your children, and getting into disagreements with your partner.
Take control of how much news you watch, the number of negative topics you’re talking about, and the number of negative problems you focus on. If you can’t think of solutions to your problems right now that doesn’t mean that the answers won’t ever come. Shift your focus on the ONE THING you can be GRATEFUL for to help your mind calm.
REMEMBER THINGS WILL GET BETTER BUT WE WON’T FORGET
TRY THESE THINGS WHILE AT HOME:
- Gratitude journaling should also feature things you like about yourself. This will help build your self-esteem.
- Read a book on a subject you are interested in.
- Learn something new by taking an online class or watching YouTube videos.
- Call someone you trust and share your feelings.
- Do tasks you’ve been putting off because you didn’t have time to do them before.
- Exercise by watching dance workout videos because dancing is fun and can lift your spirits.
- Write a letter to your future self about all the things you will accomplish. Then hide the letters in a place that you barely go to and one day you’ll find them by accident.
- Stop dreaming and start doing something whatever you can do to move your life forward. This crisis will be over at some point and do you want to go back to your old life or have you been wanting something new.
- Check on a friend/family member that you haven’t talk in a while.
- Find reasons to smile/laugh as much as possible. For example, have a dance-off party with your kids. Watch some comedies or your favorite comedian, and talk about fun times with others.
- Make some creative new dishes or learn how to make food from other countries.
- Eat healthier to improve your immune system because right now it’s easy to reach for sugar due to boredom and uncertainty. Feeding your emotions with food is comforting only for a small period of time.
- Read/create stories for your children because everyone has to get through this together.
Gratitude Journaling Is The First Step
In other words, you can start writing what you’re grateful for and include things you need to release. If you are going through financial hardships, have children that won’t listen, experience relationship problems, or feel guilty, work on changing your energy first which will change the energy of those around you.
If you need answers don’t focus on the problem focus on the solution and work on changing the way you think about the situation. “You can’t solve a problem with the same mind that created it.” Albert Einstein
My hopes are that you and your family are well. But, remember everything in life is about choices, and right now your choices can affect those in your household and everyone you come in contact with so CHOOSE WISELY.
STAY SAFE AND MUCH LOVE!!