How to get over someone you never dated starts with the willingness to move on. These tips will redirect your focus thereby helping get over your crush.
4 Reasons Why Getting Over Someone You Never Dated Can Be Difficult
- If you have a fantasy in your head – You may have created a story about how your relationship with this person would be. The more you think about it the more your feelings grow.
- If the person is a co-worker – You see this person almost daily, and in some cases, have to interact. If he or she treats you nicely it will make it hard to control your feelings.
- If the person is your friend – Spending time with your friend can be unbearable if you have feelings that you are uncomfortable with sharing due to fear.
- If you are lonely – Loneliness can create sadness and to avoid that feeling you have become attracted to someone probably in close proximity or to a celebrity that you will never meet.
This workbook will assist you will how to get over someone you never dated and change your life for the better.
15 Tips On How To Get Over Someone You Never Dated
1. Redirect Your Energy
If you find something you like to do with your time instead of thinking about someone who is out of your reach.
2. Start Journaling
A journal helps you reflect on your life choices and discover how you want your life to be. If you need help with this, a guided journal will give you prompts to get you started. Once you start writing, you may realize that the person you are attracted to isn’t right for you.
3. What’s The Attraction
It’s time to figure out why you are attracted to this person.
- It is how this person looks?
- Is it how this person treats you?
- Is it how successful this person is?
- Is it how charming this person is?
- Is it because you want to be like this person?
Knowing why you like someone is important information because you can look for that quality in someone who is interested in you. Or if you admire that person and wish you were like him or her, now you know what you want to change about yourself.
4. Check Your Behavior
This refers to how you interact with the person you like. If you find ways to talk or be around him/her then it’s time to stop that behavior. This makes things more difficult for you to move on.
5. Build Your Self-Esteem
Building your self-esteem is a journey that can span a lifetime. But it is necessary to make better choices in your life. Ways to build self-esteem.
- Focus on your needs
- Focus on self-care
- Start journaling for self-reflection and discovery
- Surround yourself with positive people
- Become more positive
- Get therapy if necessary
- Be honest with yourself about everything
6. Ask Yourself Questions
If you are only focused on the person you like then may be trying to distract yourself from your reality. Do an inventory of your life to see if there are areas that you can improve such as
- How is your Health?
- Do you love your Body?
- How do you dress?
- Do you take care of your skin and hair?
- Do you like your job?
- Are you ready to date?
If you improve any or all of these areas, you may attract a new person into your life. It may not be the someone you are trying to get over but perhaps someone better. How to get over someone you never dated is to get ready to date someone else.
7. Talk To A Friend
Let a friend know that you like someone but the feelings are not being returned. This will help you process and understand your feelings. But, choose a supportive and honest friend who will enlighten you and distract you from always thinking about this person. He or she can see things you can’t because your emotions are temporarily blurring your vision.
8. Redefine Happiness
What makes you happy? Do you know the answer to this question? I believe happiness is a choice. Things to consider:
- What do you like about this person?
- What is the story you are telling yourself about your life?
- Are you using excuses for the things you dislike?
- Are you letting others control you?
9. Keep Your Distance
Until your feelings are under control, you should keep your distance to avoid your feelings from growing. Also, avoid creating fantasies in your head about being with that person that will only make this process harder.
10. Trust Your Instincts
Avoid ignoring what your mind/body is trying to tell you. It’s your instinct warning you that the decision you’re making is not a good one. This message is there to protect you from harm so don’t try to rationalize it so you can dismiss it.
Think about the times you made bad decisions due to being overwhelmed by emotions instead of listening to the warning sound in your head.
11. Add Self-Care Routine
Taking care of yourself should be a part of your daily life. This helps with coping with life disappointments and challenges. As well as maintaining good health and a positive attitude which are the foundations of happiness.
12. Be Grateful
Even though the person you want is out of your reach doesn’t mean you don’t have things to be grateful for. Every morning start your day with gratitude. For example. you could be grateful that you woke up or that you have a place to live. Make being grateful a part of your daily life.
13. Be Open
Stubbornness is a great way to feel stuck in your life. If you’re not open to new experiences, like not releasing your attraction to someone who doesn’t want a relationship with you, years could feel like an eternity. Additionally, excuses are a great way to be unhappy, they take away your ability to control your life.
14. Start Dating
Focusing on dating is a great way to get your mind off of someone who doesn’t return your affection. Explore dating apps, meetups, participate in group activities with friends, or attend single events. Moving on is how to get over someone you never dated.
15. Plan Your Future
Start with creating goals you want to accomplish in a specific time frame. This will help you shift your focus.
Ask yourself the following questions:
- What do I spend most of my free time doing?
- Can I make a living from the thing that I do for free?
- What have I always wanted to do but haven’t done it yet?
- What’s been stopping me from doing it?
- Am I ready now to follow through?
- What type of characteristics do you want your romantic partner to have?
- If you ignore your desire what will it cost you?
- Are you ready to be honest with yourself?
Spend your time discovering yourself and what you want in the future. Because tomorrow is the future.
How to get over someone you never dated try the above tips, but remember everything starts and ends with a decision. By reading this article you have decided to move on. Don’t look back only forward.